Monday, September 24, 2012

There she laid, completely still, under a silk blanket. The only movement came from the sheets, and for a moment I thought to myself "What if it's her that's moving?", but it didn't take me long to realise that it was just the wind. I could picture her, laying motionless, face pale, void of any sign of vitality. Funny how I usually found her annoying and too loud, and for me to hope that she would make any sort of a sound instead of just being there. Being there, but not here. Not here with us. Received a phone call at work just now from dad and was in denial until I reached home. Right until I saw everyone's faces. Right till I saw what a mess our home looked like. Till I saw Right until the moment I saw the corpse. Everything's in a mess. On another hand, I'm really glad her suffering is over, & that grandma no longer have to spend so much time taking care of her. I'm just really worried for grandma. Please stay strong. Now I'm stuck. Like I always am.

Rest in peace, third aunt.

No comments: