Monday, April 30, 2012

500 days of summer

You can't ascribe great cosmic significance to a simple earthly event. Coincidence, that's all anything ever is, nothing more than coincidence. There are no miracles. There's no such thing as fate, nothing is meant to be.

Have always wanted to catch 500 days of summer. Caught it last night with JH after dinner. Awesome film. Simply because it's different. It doesn't drown you with all the nonsensical unrealistic romantic ideals. It shows how intricate love can be - filling you with happiness at one moment, daggering you with pain the next. The struggle you go through trying to pull yourself away from the hurt, yet repeatedly fall back into it because you can't withdraw from it. Just because you hold on to that thin thread of hope, unable to let go of what's good. Then finally gaining enlightenment, and fighting for the happiness you deserve. Some say the film didn't have a happy ending. It is, at least to me. Sometimes it's more than sticking together through thick and thin, but about growth and realization.

Also hooked on "Rooftop Prince", recommended by insane kdrama lover Roomie Yihua. I can swear she forced me into watching it. Forcefully navigated through my browser and streamed the show for me before I could realise it. As a result, I'm suffering from a headache because I've been watching the drama ever since I woke up today, only taking breaks during meal time and toilet breaks. OFFICIALLY HOOKED.

Right. I still have an elective paper on Wednesday.......................
I'll worry about that tomorrow.
x

No comments: